Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Allow me to introduce myself...

Hello world (if anyone is out there)!!
My name is Nia.
I'm a full time employee, mother, and wife.
I recently found my passion.....COOKING!!!

I am by no means a professional, but the thought, the look, and the different tastes of food just mesmerizes me!  I love to try different things and enjoy cooking.  Its a very happy and relaxing feeling for the soul.


Add caption
 My great grandmother,  Nellie Joyner,  was known in my hometown of Franklin, Va for her cooking.
Every Thursday she would make her famous homemade rolls and my mother has vouched that they were absolutely delicious!!! People would put in requests!!! My mother hasn't tried making them, but has offered to give me the recipe and that might be something you'll see in my later blogs :)
I actually believe I get my passion from her..its in my blood I guess :)

I believe that cooking is something that I'm supposed to be doing...to keep the sanity in my life hahahaa.
But most important, to share my happiness and love with family and friends through my cooking.
This is going to be an awesome journey and I invite you to come with me.

Blessings,

Nia

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, I want those corn fritters now!!!!!!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to try all the delicious foods that you'll be preparing! Those corn fritters look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..awwwwww thanks for the support sissy!!!
    I will make them next time I come home :)

    ReplyDelete